Roasted vegetable and orzo salad
Olive oil cooking spray
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
2 item(s), medium, any color, cut into 1-inch pieces
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, cut into 1-inch pieces
¾ pound(s), quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch chunks
2 large clove(s), minced
½ item(s), zest finely grated
Fresh lemon juice
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp, or fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
10 medium, Kalamata variety, pitted, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- Spread bell peppers and onion on prepared baking sheet to form single layer; sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon of black pepper; lightly spray with olive oil nonstick spray. Roast until vegetables are lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Scatter zucchini and garlic on top of vegetables; spray zucchini with nonstick spray and roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Drain in colander and brieﬂy rinse under cool water. Drain again.
- To make dressing, whisk together lemon zest and juice, oil, oregano, and remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper in serving bowl. Add orzo, roasted vegetables, and olives. Gently toss until mixed well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Per serving: about 3/4 cup