Add moisture and terrific flavor to turkey breast with bottled Chinese sauces like hoisin or black bean sauce.
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), red or yellow, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast, a whole roast or breast tenderloin
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) hoisin sauce
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Arrange onion slices in bottom of prepared pan; pour in broth.
Season turkey all over with salt and pepper; place turkey on top of onion slices in pan. Using the back of a spoon, spread hoisin sauce all over turkey.
Bake until turkey is no longer pink in middle and an instant-read thermometer inserted in middle of turkey reads at least 165ºF, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let turkey stand 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Yields about 3 ounces of turkey and 1/8 of onions per serving.
- We roasted the turkey over onions which soak up the sauce while getting golden brown and caramelized.