Roasted halibut in a shiitake-miso broth
fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth
fresh shiitake mushroom
6 oz, stemmed and thinly sliced
2 Tbsp, white
uncooked halibut fillet(s)
16 oz, (four 4-oz fillets)
toasted sesame oil
2 medium, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Stir the broth, shiitakes, miso paste, and ginger in a medium saucepan set over medium heat until the paste dissolves. Bring to a simmer, then cover and set over very low heat to steep without simmering.
- Coat top and bottom of each fish fillet with the sesame oil; arrange in a pie plate or a small baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer each fillet to a serving bowl. Divide the miso broth among the bowls and top each with the sliced scallions.
- Serving size: 1 piece of halibut with 1 cup broth and vegetables.