- 1 pound(s) extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp curry powder, madras variety
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), sliced into 1/4-inch half moons
- 1 head(s), medium uncooked cauliflower, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cup(s) long grain cooked brown rice, kept hot
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450°F. Gently press tofu between several layers of paper towels to remove excess water; set aside.
Warm a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, spices and salt; swirl skillet to combine. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are very wilted and browned, about 8 to 9 minutes.
Combine cauliflower and tofu in a large bowl. Pour onion mixture into bowl and coat with cooking spray; mix with a spoon to thoroughly coat. Spread mixture onto a baking sheet in an even layer. Roast, stirring 3 times, until cauliflower and tofu are golden brown and smell very fragrant, about 25 to 35 minutes. Serve over rice. Yields about 1 3/4 cups of curry and 3/4 cup of rice per serving.