Recipe Renovation: Philly Cheese Steaks
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean flank steak, cut into 8 thin slices
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 item(s) mixed grain hamburger roll(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a large, nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add onion and sugar and sauté until tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove onion from pan; set aside.
- Add steak to skillet and sauté until browned and cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Slice rolls in half. Divide steak evenly between rolls and top with onion and cheese. Wrap in foil, transfer to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.