Rack of lamb with lemon-herb crust
2 medium clove(s), peeled
Whole wheat bread
Fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp, lightly packed
2 Tbsp, lightly packed flat-leaf leaves
2 tsp, leaves
1 item(s), grated zest
Uncooked lamb rib(s)
3 pound(s), 2 (8-rib) racks (1 1/2-pound each), trimmed and frenched
- Put garlic in food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add bread, mint, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest; pulse until bread forms coarse crumbs. With machine running, pour oil through feed tube, pulsing until mixed well. Set aside.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare medium-high fire.
- Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Place lamb on grill rack until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to platter. Press crumb mixture onto meaty side of lamb; lightly spray with nonstick spray. Return lamb to grill, crumbed side up. Grill, without turning, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of rack (not touching bone) registers 145°F, about 10 minutes.
- With tongs, carefully transfer lamb to cutting board. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut between every other bone, making 8 double chops in all.
- Per serving: 1 double chop