Similar to the flavors of souvlaki but much quicker and easier to make. Serve with whole wheat pita or tortillas, if desired.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 2 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 1 cup(s) plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup(s) English cucumber(s), diced
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh, chopped
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, garlic, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring often, until browned, about 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together yogurt, cucumber, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Serve beef topped with yogurt sauce and sprinkled with mint. Yields about 1 cup beef and 1/4 cup yogurt sauce per serving.