- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 1/4 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup(s) canned pumpkin, do not use pumpkin pie filling
- 2 large egg(s)
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar, dark variety
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, beat together buttermilk, pumpkin, eggs, sugar and melted butter. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; fold in just to combine.
Coat a griddle or large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Spoon batter into pan in batches using 1/4-cup batter for each pancake; cook until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove pancakes to a tray in a warm oven; repeat with remaining ingredients (being careful not to spray cooking spray into an open flame). Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving. Yields 2 pancakes per serving.
- You can thin the batter out with a little water if desired.