Pretzel-Coated Chicken Bites with Mustard-Chipotle Sauce
- Total Time
Crunchy and tasty pretzels make a great coating for chicken pieces.
unsalted pretzel(s)2 oz, mini (about 1 cup)
fat free mayonnaise⅓ cup(s)
Dijon mustard2 Tbsp, whole-grain
hot pepper sauce2 tsp, or chipotle pepper sauce
red wine vinegar1 tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)¾ pound(s), cut into 24 chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Pulse the pretzels in a food processor just until finely chopped, not ground (or crush with a meat mallet or rolling pin). Transfer to a zip-close plastic bag.
- To make the mustard sauce, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, pepper sauce, vinegar, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Put the chicken in a medium bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the mustard sauce until evenly coated. Add the chicken to the pretzels and seal the bag. Shake bag until chicken is evenly coated with pretzels.
- Place the chicken in the baking pan in one layer. Spray the chicken lightly with nonstick spray. Bake until golden on the outside and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Pile the chicken on a plate and serve with the remaining mustard sauce. Yields 3 chicken bites per serving.