Potato Chip–Coated Sea Bass
5 - 7
PersonalPoints™ per serving
This delicious sea bass comes together in less than 20 minutes and requires just 4 ingredients! Crush the potato chips in a plastic bag, then use them to coat the fish, which has been flavored with a savory mayo-barbecue sauce. The crunchy potato chip coating is a great way to add texture to any fish fillet. You can serve the fish with broccoli and quinoa or brown rice for a heartier meal.
Fat free mayonnaise
Uncooked branzino (sea bass) fillet(s)
24 oz, 4 (6-ounce)
Barbecue-flavor potato chips
3 oz, (2 cups)
- Place an oven rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 425°F. Line the broiler rack with foil.
- Stir together the mayonnaise and barbecue sauce in a cup.
- Place the bass fillets, skin side down, on the broiler rack; spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the tops of the fillets.
- Place the potato chips in a large zip-close plastic bag. With a rolling pin or a meat mallet, coarsely crush the chips. Top the fish evenly with the chips and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Bake until the fish is just opaque in the center, about 12 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the fish 5 inches from the heat until the potato chip topping is lightly browned, about 30 seconds. Yields 1 bass fillet per serving.