Potato Chip–Coated Sea Bass
- Total Time
Serve the fish with bowls of steamed broccoli florets and cooked quinoa.
fat free mayonnaise2 Tbsp
barbecue sauce1 Tbsp
uncooked branzino (sea bass) fillet(s)24 oz, 4 (6-ounce)
barbecue-flavor potato chips3 oz, (2 cups)
- Place an oven rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 425°F. Line the broiler rack with foil.
- Stir together the mayonnaise and barbecue sauce in a cup.
- Place the bass fillets, skin side down, on the broiler rack; spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the tops of the fillets.
- Place the potato chips in a large zip-close plastic bag. With a rolling pin or a meat mallet, coarsely crush the chips. Top the fish evenly with the chips and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Bake until the fish is just opaque in the center, about 12 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the fish 5 inches from the heat until the potato chip topping is lightly browned, about 30 seconds. Yields 1 bass fillet per serving.