Pot-Luck Pasta Salad
- 4 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, corkscrew shape (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, macaroni shape (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 1/2 oz olive(s), canned, sliced, black (about 10 medium olives)
- 1 medium green pepper(s), chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup(s) grape tomatoes, or other small tomatoes, halved (about 10 tomatoes)
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium uncooked zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup(s) frozen green peas, thawed
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse pasta with cold water; drain again and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare salad dressing by mixing together oil, lemon juice, oregano, mustard, salt, black pepper and garlic; set aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta with vegetables; pour in dressing and toss thoroughly to coat. Cover and chill about 2 hours. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
*Could affect SmartPoints values. You can use any shape pasta or combination of pastas that you prefer.