Pork tacos with chipotle onions
Uncooked lean pork tenderloin
3 medium, thinly sliced
1 medium, chopped
Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 Tbsp, minced
¼ cup(s), chopped
6 item(s), warmed
Shredded manchego cheese
1½ item(s), cut into 6 wedges
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- 2 Stir together 1 teaspoon cumin, the coriander, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in small cup. Rub pork all over with spice mixture.
- 3 Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer pork to prepared baking sheet. Roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 145°F, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to cutting board, let stand 5 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 25 minutes. Add tomato, chipotles en adobo, remaining 1 teaspoon cumin, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomato is softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar and cilantro.
- 5 Cut pork into thin slices; divide evenly among tortillas. Top pork evenly with onion mixture and sprinkle evenly with manchego. Serve with lime wedges.
- Serving size: (1 taco)