- 8 oz uncooked lean pork tenderloin, cut in 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 8 oz uncooked linguini
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste (for cooking pasta)
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), thinly sliced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 oz button mushrooms, or shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced
In a medium bowl, toss pork with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, ginger and garlic; let stand 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook linguini in a large pot of lightly salted water according to package direction; add carrots to pot 5 minutes before linguini will be done. Drain; set aside.
Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and pork. Increase heat to high; stir-fry until mushrooms release their liquid and become lightly browned, and pork is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Add drained linguini and carrots, broth, remaining tablespoon of soy sauce and sesame oil to skillet; toss over low heat until combined. Remove from heat and stir in scallions; serve immediately. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.