Pepperoni pizza burgers
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
Crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp, optional
2 medium, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1½ oz, thinly sliced
Light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s)
4 item(s), toasted
Small, thinly sliced turkey pepperoni
- Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and crushed red pepper; divide mixture into four balls and then gently press each one into a 4-inch patty.
- Grill tomatoes, flipping once, until grill marks are evident; about 4 minutes. Remove from grill; set aside.
- Grill burgers, flipping once, about 5 minutes per side for medium (or to desired degree of doneness). Top each burger with 1/4 of cheese about 2 minutes before fully finished cooking on second side; cook until cheese melts.
- Serve each burger on a toasted bun, topped with 1 basil leaf, 1/4 of tomatoes, and 6 slices pepperoni.
- Serving size: 1 burger