Pepperoni Pizza Burgers
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
Crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp, optional
2 medium, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1½ oz, thinly sliced
Light hamburger bun(s)
4 item(s), toasted
Small, thinly sliced turkey pepperoni
- Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes; divide mixture into 4 balls, then gently press each into a 4-inch patty.
- Add tomatoes to pan and grill, flipping once, until grill marks are evident, about 4 minutes. Remove from grill pan and set aside.
- Grill burgers, flipping once, about 5 minutes per side for medium (or to desired degree of doneness). About 2 minutes before the second side is fully cooked, evenly top each burger with Parmesan and cook until cheese melts.
- Serve each burger on a toasted bun, evenly topped with tomatoes, 1 basil leaf, and 6 slices pepperoni.
- Serving size: 1 burger