Pepperoni Pizza Burgers
Two faves merge to make one fantastic burger when you can't decide on just one. Enjoy with an arugula and roasted red pepper salad on the side. To make the patties, ground beef is combined with some garlic powder, dried oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes for a touch of heat. Use the grill for both the plum tomatoes and burgers for easy cleanup. You'll particularly enjoy the addition of fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, and thinly sliced pepperoni that provides the pizza-y twist on a classic burger.
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
Crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp, optional
2 medium, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1½ oz, thinly sliced
Light hamburger bun(s)
4 item(s), toasted
- Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes; divide mixture into 4 balls, then gently press each into a 4-inch patty.
- Add tomatoes to pan and grill, flipping once, until grill marks are evident, about 4 minutes. Remove from grill pan and set aside.
- Grill burgers, flipping once, about 5 minutes per side for medium (or to desired degree of doneness). About 2 minutes before the second side is fully cooked, evenly top each burger with Parmesan and cook until cheese melts.
- Serve each burger on a toasted bun, evenly topped with tomatoes, 1 basil leaf, and 6 slices pepperoni.
- Serving size: 1 burger