This sandwich is a flavor-filled blend of cheese, peppers and portabella. You’ll think it’s terrific for any season with a SmartPoints value of 4.
- 6 oz cooked portabella mushroom(s), stems removed and cleaned
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp spiced seasoning mix, Southwest seasoning blend
- 1 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), sliced
- 1 cup(s) green pepper(s), sliced
- 1 cup(s) yellow pepper(s), sliced
- 4 item(s) light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s), halved
- 4 slice(s) Weight Watchers Reduced fat pepper Jack cheese singles
Preheat oven broiler. Coat mushrooms with cooking spray and season with 1 tsp. Southwest seasoning. Broil for 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and turn over. Add peppers, coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with remaining ½ tsp. Southwest seasoning. Return to oven broiler for another 4 minutes. Remove pan of vegetables; place buns on oven rack and broil for 1 minute or until golden brown.
Cut mushrooms into 16 slices. Place 4 mushroom slices, ½ cup peppers and 1 slice Reduced Fat Pasteurized Process Cheese Product Pepper Jack Singles on the bottom of each toasted bun. Cover with top half of bun and serve.