Pecan-Crusted Buttermilk Chicken
- Total Time
This chicken has it all! It's got a crunchy coating of finely chopped pecans and bread crumbs and a moist and tender interior thanks to a good soak in low-fat buttermilk. For the best results, be sure to use a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet.
uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast20 oz, 4 (5-ounce) breasts
low-fat buttermilk¾ cup(s)
dried plain breadcrumbs⅓ cup(s)
chopped pecans¼ cup(s), finely
Cajun seasoning1 tsp
canola oil1 Tbsp
cooking spray2 spray(s)
- Combine chicken and buttermilk in medium bowl and turn until coated evenly. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together bread crumbs, pecans, and Cajun seasoning on sheet of wax paper. Remove 1 piece of chicken from buttermilk, allowing excess to drip off. Coat chicken with pecan mixture, gently pressing so it adheres. Place on separate sheet of wax paper. Repeat with remaining chicken. Lightly spray chicken on both sides with nonstick spray. Discard any remaining buttermilk and pecan mixture.
- Heat oil in large heavy nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
- Per serving: 1 chicken breast