Layers of juicy pears and sweet potatoes are flavored with a lightly-spiced lemon-ginger sauce. Fabulous for all of your holiday celebrations.
- 1 1/2 large uncooked sweet potato(es)
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/2 Tbsp regular butter
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 medium pear(s), ripe, Anjou, peeled, halved, sliced crosswise 1/4-inch-thick
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
Pierce sweet potatoes in a few places with tip of a knife. Place on a paper towel and microwave on high, turning potatoes over once, until tender, about 7 to 9 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; add ginger and cook until fragrant, stirring, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in syrup, lemon zest and salt.
With your fingers or a small knife, peel skin from sweet potatoes. Slice potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
Arrange sweet potatoes in bottom of prepared plate and place pears on top; brush with about half of syrup mixture.
Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven and brush with remaining syrup mixture. Return to oven; bake until glazed and mixture is bubbly around edges, about 15 minutes more.
Remove from oven and drizzle lemon juice over top. Make sure to spoon juices from bottom of dish over each serving. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- Make sure to spoon juices from the bottom of dish over each serving.