Peanut Butter Cookies
- Total Time
Who says peanut butter's off-limits on a diet? Our freezer cookies are such a treat, they'll easily become a family favorite.
all-purpose flour1 cup(s)
baking soda¼ tsp
table salt⅛ tsp
reduced-calorie margarine3 Tbsp, stick-variety
smooth reduced fat peanut butter2 Tbsp
packed light brown sugar½ cup(s)
egg white(s)1 large
vanilla extract1 tsp
cooking spray2 spray(s)
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- Combine margarine and peanut butter in a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed until blended and smooth. Gradually add both sugars and beat until blended; add egg white and vanilla and beat until smooth. While beating on low speed, gradually add flour mixture and mix until just blended.
- Transfer dough to a large piece of plastic wrap and roll into an 8-inch log. Wrap log in plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours. (Note: You can make the cookie dough up to 3 days in advance and freeze until ready to bake.)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Remove cookie dough from freezer and slice crosswise into about twenty-four 1/3-inch-thick slices; place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden around edges, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
- Flavor Booster: Browned margarine has a nutty flavor that enhances a peanut butter cookie. Melt the margarine in a small skillet until it sizzles and just begins to brown. Remove from heat and freeze for 20 minutes, or until firm, before using in recipe.