Parmesan & Garlic–Stuffed Mussels
For a delicious antipasto platter, serve these cheesy, garlicky mussels on a platter with some almonds, jarred roasted bell peppers (packed in water), and some thickly sliced white mushrooms, sprinkled with black pepper.
Whole wheat breadcrumbs
Grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp, chopped
1 Tbsp, or 1 teaspoon dried
2 medium clove(s), minced
Uncooked mussels in shells
16 medium, scrubbed and debearded
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Stir together all the ingredients except the mussels in a small bowl.
- Fill a large saucepan with 1/2 inch of water and bring to a boil over high heat; add the mussels. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the mussels open, about 5 minutes; drain. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- When the mussels are cool enough to handle, remove and discard the top half of each shell. Arrange the mussels in their shells in a shallow baking pan. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the bread crumb mixture over each mussel; lightly spray with olive oil nonstick spray. Bake until the mussels are cooked through and the topping is golden, about 10 minutes.
- Yields 4 stuffed mussels per serving.