Here’s a tangy Spanish spin on classic breaded chicken. Check back all week for an overseas twist on some classic American dishes.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt
- 1 Tbsp paprika, sweet-variety, divided
- 15 cracker(s) saltine cracker(s), crushed into crumbs
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 16 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz thin pieces
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 medium lemon(s), cut into 4 wedges
Preheat broiler and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place yogurt and 1 teaspoon of paprika in a small shallow bowl; mix to combine. Combine cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and remaining 2 teaspoons of paprika on a large shallow pie plate; stir to combine. Place each chicken cutlet in yogurt mixture and turn to coat. Next, place chicken in crumb mixture, turning to coat both sides and pressing lightly to make crumbs stick.
Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source until golden brown and cooked through, flipping once, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. To serve, sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges. Yields 1 piece of chicken per serving.