Orange-scented vegetable couscous
Unsweetened orange juice
Golden seedless raisins
1 medium, chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
2 small, cut into 1/2-inch (1.25cm) wedges
Frozen green peas
½ cup(s), thawed
1 tsp, grated
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, raisins, 1/2 tsp salt, the cumin, ginger, 1/8 tsp pepper and the cinnamon. Bring to a boil.
- Add couscous and stir. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook until vegetables begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in peas, almonds and remaining salt and pepper. Heat to serving temperature, about 1 minute.
- Transfer couscous to a bowl and fluff with fork. Add vegetables and orange zest. Toss to combine.