Orange-Scented Vegetable Couscous
- Total Time
Enjoy this as a vegetarian entrée or side dish. Or, turn it into a one-dish meal: Add chopped cooked chicken breast when you add the peas.
unsweetened orange juice1 ¼ cup(s)
golden seedless raisins½ cup(s)
table salt¾ tsp
ground cumin½ tsp
ground ginger¼ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
ground cinnamon⅛ tsp
uncooked couscous1 cup(s)
olive oil1 tsp
uncooked onion(s)1 medium, chopped
garlic clove(s)2 clove(s), medium, minced
uncooked zucchini2 small, cut into 1/2-inch (1.25cm) wedges
frozen green peas½ cup(s), thawed
slivered almonds2 Tbsp
orange zest1 tsp, grated
- In a medium saucepan, combine orange juice, raisins, 1/2 tsp salt, the cumin, ginger, 1/8 tsp pepper and the cinnamon. Bring to a boil.
- Add couscous and stir. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Sauté onion and garlic until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook until vegetables begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in peas, almonds and remaining salt and pepper. Heat to serving temperature, about 1 minute.
- Transfer couscous to a bowl and fluff with fork. Add vegetables and orange zest. Toss to combine.