Open-faced chicken cordon bleu
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
20 oz, (4 [5-oz] cutlets)
Whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
Lean deli-sliced honey ham
Light Swiss cheese
2 oz, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (or a silicone mat).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard and egg white. Working with one cutlet at a time, place the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound to a ¼-inch thickness. Add the chicken to the mustard mixture; sprinkle with the salt and black pepper and toss well to coat.
- Arrange the panko in a pie plate or other shallow dish. Dredge the chicken in the panko, turning to coat. Arrange the breaded chicken on the prepared pan; coat the chicken with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes; turn the chicken over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven (leave the oven on). Top the chicken evenly with the ham; sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 topped cutlet