- 1 Bring water to boil in small saucepan. Add bulgur and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until water is almost absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and transfer to medium shallow dish to cool slightly.
- 2 Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, mint, garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- 3 To make burgers, stir together turkey, bulgur, onion, parsley, egg white, cinnamon, allspice, pepper, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl. With damp hands, shape mixture into 4 patties.
- 4 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook, turning once, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of burger registers 165°F, 10–12 minutes.
- 5 Place pitas on 4 plates. Top with burgers, lettuce leaves, tomato slices, and cucumber slices. Spoon yogurt mixture evenly on top of burgers.
- Serving size: 1 burger and 2 tablespoons sauce
Bulgur wheat is the main ingredient in tabbouleh salad, and it makes a healthy, high-fiber addition to salads, soups, burgers, and meat loaves.