Open-face Greek turkey burgers
½ cup(s), wheat
plain lowfat Greek yogurt
fresh mint leaves
1½ Tbsp, chopped
1 medium clove(s), minced
uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
uncooked red onion(s)
¼ cup(s), chopped, finely chopped
¼ cup(s), chopped
Opaa Pocket Pitas, Mini, White
16 inch slice(s), thin slices
- Bring water to boil in small saucepan. Add bulgur and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until water is almost absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and transfer to medium shallow dish to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, mint, garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- To make burgers, stir together turkey, bulgur, onion, parsley, egg white, cinnamon, allspice, pepper, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl. With damp hands, shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add burgers and cook, turning once, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of burger registers 165°F, 10–12 minutes.
- Place pitas on 4 plates. Top with burgers, lettuce leaves, tomato slices, and cucumber slices. Spoon yogurt mixture evenly on top of burgers.
- Serving size: 1 burger and 2 tablespoons sauce