- 2 spray(s) butter flavour cooking spray
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cup(s) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 3 cup(s), chopped cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk, divided
- 4 piece(s) reduced fat crescent roll dough, unrolled
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 10-inch round shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
Coat a large pot with cooking spray. Add butter and melt over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook, until tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Stir in paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Add vegetables, broth and chicken. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
In a small cup, combine flour and 1/4 cup of evaporated milk; stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup of evaporated milk and cook until mixture is slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
Spoon chicken mixture into prepared baking dish. Unroll crescent rolls and arrange dough around inside edge of baking dish to form a border (there will be a hole in the middle). Bake until rolls are golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 15 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.
- Make this recipe to your family's taste with different frozen vegetable blends such as an Asian mix or bell pepper and onion strips.