- 1 1/4 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked quick oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 cup(s) unsweetened frozen sour red cherries
- 4 Tbsp reduced-calorie pancake syrup
Combine buttermilk, oats and vanilla; let stand, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in oil and egg whites.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oat mixture to flour mixture and stir until smooth.
Spoon about 1/3 cup batter onto a hot, nonstick griddle. Flip pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges start to curl up.
Top pancakes with cherries and syrup. Yields 2 pancakes, 1/2 cup cherries and 1 tablespoon syrup per serving.