- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup(s) edamame (shelled), cooked
- 1/3 medium uncooked vidalia onion(s), finely diced
- 1/3 medium sweet red pepper(s), finely diced
- 5 leaf/leaves basil, thinly sliced
Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, salt, and ground pepper in a medium bowl. Add the black beans, white beans, soybeans, onion, bell pepper, and basil; toss to coat evenly. Serve at once, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Yields 3/4 cup per serving.
- And unlike the original three-bean salad, the beans won’t turn drab olive green during storage; the salad will keep up to two days in the refrigerator.