No-Noodle Turkey Lasagna
Uncooked green cabbage
12 leaf/leaves, from a medium head
Uncooked 99% lean ground turkey
Bottled reduced fat pasta sauce
28 oz, divided
Part-skim ricotta cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup(s), divided
1 item(s), large
Fresh mozzarella cheese
4 oz, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp, torn, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Bring a large pot of salt water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and reduce heat to low; simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and dry leaves well; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add turkey; cook until no longer pink, stirring and breaking up any large pieces with a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes (drain any excess liquid, if necessary). Stir in 2 cups tomato sauce; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta, ¼ cup Parmesan, egg, parsley, and salt; set aside.
- Spread ½ cup sauce over bottom of a 9- X 13-inch baking dish; arrange a third of cabbage leaves over sauce (it’s okay if leaves overlap). Spread half of ricotta mixture over cabbage; top with half of turkey mixture. Arrange another layer of cabbage leaves over turkey; top with remaining ricotta and turkey. Top with a final layer of cabbage leaves; cover with remaining sauce. Place mozzarella slices over sauce; sprinkle evenly with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbly, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool for at least 10 minutes. Sprinkle with basil; cut into 12 pieces.
- Serving size: 1 piece