Mushroom, tomato, and thyme chicken
Uncooked bone in skinless chicken thigh(s)
24 oz, 6 (5-oz thighs)
Frozen pearl onion(s)
1 cup(s), thawed
8 oz, (1 package), white variety, sliced
2 medium clove(s), minced
Canned diced tomatoes
14½ oz, (1 can), drained
Canned unsalted tomato paste
⅛ cup(s), (2 tbsp)
6 sprig(s), chopped
- Sprinkle chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat oil in large skillet and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until well browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add onions to skillet and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring to scrape up browned bits from bottom of skillet, until mixture comes to boil, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to slow cooker. Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 3–4 hours on high or 6–8 hours on low.
- Divide chicken evenly among 6 plates. Add vinegar to slow cooker and stir into mushroom mixture. Top chicken evenly with mushroom mixture and sprinkle with parsley
- Per serving (1 chicken thigh and ¾ cup mushroom mixture)