Mushroom and Canadian Bacon Frittatas
- Total Time
This frittata is baked in an easy hash brown crust and packed with the delicious flavors of crispy bacon, tangy goat cheese and sautéed mushrooms.
cooking spray3 spray(s)
uncooked Canadian bacon2 oz, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
frozen shredded hash brown potatoes16 oz, shredded, defrosted
uncooked onion(s)½ small, thinly sliced
button mushrooms6 oz, or mixed mushrooms, sliced
uncooked scallion(s)2 medium, finely chopped
ground coriander½ tsp
dried thyme¾ tsp
egg white(s)3 large
fat free skim milk½ cup(s)
fresh parsley2 Tbsp, chopped, flat-leaf variety
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
hard-type goat cheese2 oz, crumbled (1/4 c)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place rack in lower third of oven. Coat a 12-hole standard muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until just brown, about 2 minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Off heat, coat skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add hash browns and onion to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until hash browns are heated through and start to brown, about 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Off heat, recoat skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and scallions to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in coriander and thyme; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, parsley, salt and pepper; stir in mushroom mixture and cooked bacon.
- Evenly divide hash brown mixture among prepared muffin holes; press down on mixture so it forms an even bottom and covers some of the sides. Spoon about ¼ c egg mixture over potato layer; crumble 1 tsp cheese over each.
- Bake frittatas until egg is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly and remove from pan with a knife. Serve warm.
- Serving size: 1 frittata.