Mushroom and Canadian bacon frittatas
Uncooked Canadian bacon
2 oz, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
16 oz, shredded, defrosted
½ small, thinly sliced
6 oz, or mixed mushrooms, sliced
2 medium, finely chopped
Fat free skim milk
2 Tbsp, chopped, flat-leaf variety
Hard-type goat cheese
2 oz, crumbled (1/4 c)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place rack in lower third of oven. Coat a 12-hole standard muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until just brown, about 2 minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Off heat, coat skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add hash browns and onion to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until hash browns are heated through and start to brown, about 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Off heat, recoat skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and scallions to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in coriander and thyme; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, parsley, salt and pepper; stir in mushroom mixture and cooked bacon.
- Evenly divide hash brown mixture among prepared muffin holes; press down on mixture so it forms an even bottom and covers some of the sides. Spoon about ¼ c egg mixture over potato layer; crumble 1 tsp cheese over each.
- Bake frittatas until egg is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly and remove from pan with a knife. Serve warm.
- Serving size: 1 frittata.