Moroccan chicken with oranges
½ tsp, smoked variety
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
20 oz, 4 (5-ounce) cutlets
2 large, navel variety
Fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp, minced
- Stir together paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt, and pepper in small cup.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with half of spice mixture. Add chicken to skillet and cook, turning once, until chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Meanwhile, grate 1 teaspoon of zest from one orange and set aside. With sharp knife, cut off slice from top and bottom of oranges. Stand fruit upright. Cut off peel and white pith, cutting from top to bottom, turning fruit as you go. Cut oranges crosswise into rounds about 3/8 inch thick; cut rounds in half.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet. Add orange slices, orange zest, the water, remaining spice mixture, and honey to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, just until heated through, about 1 minute. Spoon orange mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with mint.
- Per serving: 1 chicken cutlet and about 1/4 cup orange mixture