Mojito barbecued chicken
2 Tbsp, grated
fresh lime juice
fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp, chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
raw skinless boneless light and dark meat chicken
1¾ pound(s), (1 whole cut up chicken, about 3 1/2 pounds)
1 item(s), cut into wedges
- To make marinade, whisk together lime zest and juice, orange juice, mint, honey, garlic, oil, cumin, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Transfer half of lime mixture to covered container and refrigerate. Transfer remaining lime mixture into large zip-close plastic bag and add chicken. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Remove chicken from marinade; scrape off and discard excess marinade.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire.
- Place chicken on grill rack and grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 30–35 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter and spoon reserved lime mixture on top. Serve with lime wedges. Remove skin before eating.
- Serving size: 1/6 of chicken and 1 tablespoon lime mixture