Mixed Grill with Apricot-Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup(s) apricot preserves
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked lean pork tenderloin, cut into 8 cubes
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s), eight 2 1/2 oz thighs
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 12 oz uncooked turkey sausage(s), sweet or spicy (4 links)
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, minced or torn
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; add preserves, soy sauce, vinegar, mustard and ginger. Cook until bubbly, stirring frequently, about 5 to 7 minutes; remove 2 tablespoons of glaze to a small dish, set both saucepan and dish aside and cover to keep warm.
- Thread pork onto two metal skewers; season pork and chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill pork, chicken and sausage until finished, turning once or twice, and brushing meats frequently with glaze from saucepan during last 2 minutes of cooking, about 8 to 9 minutes for pork, 10 minutes for chicken and 12 minutes for sausage. Make sure to flip meats often during last 2 minutes of cooking to help glaze stick. Just before serving, brush meats with 2 tablespoons reserved glaze, sprinkle with cilantro and serve. Yields 1 chicken thigh, 1 pork cube and 1/2 sausage per serving.
Add peppers and onions to the pork skewers for a complete meal (could affect SmartPoints value).