Fresh ginger and ground cinnamon give this stew a sweet bite. It's an easy recipe: just toss everything into your slow cooker and set it on low.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean and trimmed lamb leg(s), stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 15 oz chickpeas (15 oz)
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup(s) canned beef broth
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 clove(s), large garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 tsp ginger root, freshly grated
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Place lamb in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except lemon juice; stir well. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Stir in lemon juice and let stand for 5 minutes for flavors to blend. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
- Looking for something exotic? Add a pinch of saffron threads, available in gourmet food stores and some supermarkets, to tint this stew gold.