Mexican Grilled Scallop Chopped Salad
- Total Time
When the heat is on, try this cool salad. It’s a little spicy, a little sweet and just right for a light summer meal.
sea salt1 tsp
ground cumin½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
uncooked scallop(s)12 oz, sea variety
poblano chile2 medium, quartered, pressed flat
cooking spray3 spray(s)
lime zest½ tsp, grated
fresh lime juice2 Tbsp
extra virgin olive oil2 Tbsp
pineapple1 cup(s), golden variety, diced
fresh tomato(es)3 medium, diced
uncooked jicama½ small, peeled, diced
cilantro⅓ cup(s), chopped
uncooked scallion(s)2 medium, sliced
fresh lime(s)½ medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan to medium-high.
- Combine salt, cumin and pepper in a small cup.
- Coat scallops and poblanos with cooking spray; sprinkle with 3/4 tsp salt mixture (if desired, skewer scallops for easy turning).
- Grill scallops and poblanos, turning once until scallops are just cooked through and peppers are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from grill; let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients and remaining salt mixture in a large bowl; toss to mix and coat.
- Dice grilled peppers; add to bowl. Quarter scallops; add to bowl. Toss ingredients; serve with fresh lime wedges.
- Serving size: 1 ¼ cups salad and 4 scallops