Mexican grilled scallop chopped salad
¼ tsp, freshly ground
12 oz, sea variety
2 medium, quartered, pressed flat
½ tsp, grated
Fresh lime juice
Extra virgin olive oil
1 cup(s), golden variety, diced
3 medium, diced
½ small, peeled, diced
⅓ cup(s), chopped
2 medium, sliced
½ medium, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan to medium-high.
- Combine salt, cumin, and pepper in a small cup.
- Coat scallops and poblanos with cooking spray; sprinkle with 3/4 tsp salt mixture (if desired, skewer scallops for easy turning).
- Grill scallops and poblanos, turning once until scallops are just cooked through and peppers are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from grill; let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients and remaining salt mixture in a large bowl; toss to mix and coat.
- Dice grilled peppers; add to bowl. Quarter scallops; add to bowl. Toss ingredients; serve with fresh lime wedges.
- Serving size: 1 ¼ cups salad and 4 scallops