- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 12 oz uncooked scallop(s), sea variety
- 2 medium poblano chile, quartered, pressed flat
- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp lime zest, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup(s) pineapple, golden variety, diced
- 3 medium fresh tomato(es), diced
- 1/2 small uncooked jicama, peeled, diced
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1/2 medium fresh lime(s), cut into 4 wedges
Preheat outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan to medium-high.
Combine salt, cumin and pepper in a small cup.
Coat scallops and poblanos with cooking spray; sprinkle with 3/4 tsp salt mixture (if desired, skewer scallops for easy turning).
Grill scallops and poblanos, turning once until scallops are just cooked through and peppers are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from grill; let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients and remaining salt mixture in a large bowl; toss to mix and coat.
Dice grilled peppers; add to bowl. Quarter scallops; add to bowl. Toss ingredients; serve with fresh lime wedges.
Serving size: 1 ¼ cups salad and 4 scallops