This Mexican specialty features jicama, avocado, corn and lime juice, tossed together and piled up high on top of crunchy tortillas.
- 1 cup(s) canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 12 medium grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked jicama, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) frozen corn kernels, sweet, rinsed under hot water to defrost
- 1/4 cup(s) avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) canned green chili peppers, diced
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp, minced uncooked red onion(s)
- 1 clove(s), large garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 4 small corn tortilla(s)
Combine all ingredients, except tortillas, in a large bowl; mix to combine.
Toast tortillas and top each with about 3/4 cup of salad; serve. Yields 1 tostada per serving.
- This recipe can easily be doubled for larger gatherings.