Mexican Black Bean and Hominy Salad
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz canned hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small yellow pepper(s), diced
- 1/2 small uncooked red onion(s), diced
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper(s), seeded, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- In a medium-size bowl, combine beans, hominy, tomatoes, pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, oil, cumin and salt; pour over bean mixture and toss well to combine. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.