Sweet potatoes are wonderfully creamy when mashed and blended with fat-free Greek yogurt. It's a super-healthy side, loaded with vitamin A, beta-carotene and fiber.
- 3 medium uncooked sweet potato(es), peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2 pounds)
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), peeled
- 1/2 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt, Greek-variety recommended
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; pour in enough water to cover potatoes. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil; boil until potatoes are fork-tender, about 8 minutes.
Drain potatoes and garlic; transfer potatoes and garlic to a large bowl. Add yogurt and sugar to bowl; mash until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- Think beyond regular mashed potatoes and create a colorful addition to any dinner plate.