- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), halves
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup(s) fat free chicken broth, reduced-sodium
- 1/3 fl oz red wine, dry Marsala
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 8 oz fresh mushroom(s), sliced
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Combine broth and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in butter. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 4 ounces chicken and 1/3 cup sauce).