Marcona Almond and Orange Thumbprint Cookies (Family Meals)
Packed light brown sugar
6 Tbsp, softened
1 large egg(s)
¼ cup(s), sweet variety or preserves
- Pulse almonds in food processor until finely chopped. Whisk together ¼ cup of almonds, the ﬂour, ginger, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; reserve remaining almonds in shallow bowl.
- With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter in large bowl until light and ﬂuffy. Add egg and almond extract; beat until mixed well. Reduce mixer speed to low. Stir in ﬂour mixture until just combined. Cover and refrigerate until dough is firm, at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough by teaspoonfuls and roll into 48 balls (about 9 gm each); gently roll in reserved chopped almonds until coated. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 5 minutes. Remove pans from oven and, using end of wooden spoon, make small indentation in center of each cookie. Return cookies to oven and bake until lightly browned and set, about 4 minutes longer. Remove from oven and fill each cookie with ¼ teaspoon marmalade. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
- Per serving: 1 cookie