Maple Butternut Squash with Crispy Pancetta
- Total Time
Sweet, salty, and savory – a perfect holiday side dish. Serve it with roast chicken, pork or lamb.
uncooked butternut squash9 cup(s), cubed
olive oil2 Tbsp
fresh thyme2 tsp, leaves
kosher salt1 ½ tsp
black pepper⅛ tsp, freshly ground
pancetta1 oz, finely chopped
maple syrup2 Tbsp
- Place 2 large rimmed nonstick baking sheets in oven. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, oil, thyme, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and carefully divide squash between sheets; spread into single layer. Roast squash, tossing about halfway through cooking, until tender inside but slightly browned and crisp on outside, about 40 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, heat a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 3 1/2 to 4 minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Transfer squash to a serving platter or bowl and sprinkle with pancetta and maple syrup; toss to coat and serve immediately. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.