Lemony Coleslaw with Apples
This spin on slaw has a bright lemony dressing. Matchstick-sliced apples add a touch of sweetness and counter the cabbage well.
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 14 oz packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 2 medium fresh apple(s), Gala suggested, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, Italian-variety, chopped
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), thinly sliced
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Add coleslaw mix, apples, parsley and scallions; toss to mix and coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
Per serving: 2/3 c
- Chopped dill or mint, and poppy seeds would be flavorful additions to this recipe (any changes could affect SmartPoints value).