Lemon Yogurt Muffins with Fresh Strawberry Sauce
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 cup(s) strawberries, finely chopped, divided
- 2 Tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 2 large egg(s)
- 8 oz low-fat fruit-flavored yogurt sweetened with sugar, Lemon variety
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-hole muffin pan with cooking spray
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup strawberries with next 4 ingredients; set over medium-low heat. Cook until boiling, whisking constantly, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 cup strawberries; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, lightly whisk eggs; whisk in remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and spoon in egg mixture; gently fold to combine.
- Fill each muffin hole 3/4s full with batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from oven and serve each muffin with 1 heaping tablespoon strawberry sauce on top. Yields 1 muffin per serving.