- 8 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2/3 Tbsp unsalted butter, or 2 teaspoons
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) canned chicken broth, or less as needed
- 1 large egg(s), beaten
- 1/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon zest, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, fresh, minced
- Cook pasta according to directions; drain and set aside.
- Add butter and oil to pasta pot; melt over medium-low heat. Add broth; stir and heat through about 1 minute.
- Remove pot from heat and add pasta, egg and cheese; toss well so egg coats pasta. Add lemon juice and zest; toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper; sprinkle with parsley. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
You’ll need 1 medium lemon for the zest and juice.