Lemon Grass Chicken Soup
- 4 cup(s) canned chicken broth, or homemade broth
- 8 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium uncooked carrot(s), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 rib(s), large uncooked celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon grass, fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup(s) cooked egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, chopped
- Place broth, chicken, carrot, celery, onion, lemon grass, salt and pepper in a large saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook until chicken and vegetables are cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup of noodles in each of 4 shallow bowls. Ladle about 1 1/2 cups of soup over each serving and garnish with parsley.