Here’s a Southern spin on the ever popular layered Mexican dip.
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 2/3 cup(s) uncooked bell pepper(s), chopped
- 2/3 cup(s) uncooked celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup(s) plum tomato(es), chopped
- 1/4 cup(s), chopped uncooked red onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), finely chopped
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) roasted red peppers (packed in water), drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) low fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), whites finely chopped, greens chopped, separated
- 1/4 tsp paprika, smoked variety
- 1 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
- 3 slice(s) cooked turkey bacon, crisp, crumbled
In a large mixing bowl, combine corn, peppers, celery, tomato, onion, garlic, vinegar, oil, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/8 tsp salt; set aside to allow flavors to blend.
In another large mixing bowl, stir together roasted peppers, yogurt, cream cheese, scallion whites, paprika, remaining 1/4 tsp pepper and remaining 1/8 tsp salt; mash slightly with a fork.
Spread roasted pepper mixture in an even layer in bottom of 9-inch glass or ceramic pie plate; sprinkle with Cheddar. Spoon vegetable mixture over top; sprinkle with bacon and scallion greens.
Serving size: 1/3 c
- Serve with crudités or baked tortilla chips.