Layered Mediterranean Salad with Creamy Yogurt Cucumber Dressing
Layering salad ingredients is such an easy way to impress guests. Toss the salad at the table so they can admire all the textures and colors.
- 1 cup(s) Weight Watchers Plain Natural Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) English cucumber(s), peeled, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper(s), cut in strips
- 5 cup(s), shredded romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup(s) chickpeas (15 oz), rinsed, drained
- 1 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), sliced
- 1 cup(s) English cucumber(s), peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 medium olive(s), Kalamata, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Place first seven ingredients in a glass or plastic container; mix well. Cover and refrigerate, at least 30 minutes, until ready to serve.*
Meanwhile, layer salad ingredients in a large glass container in the following order: red pepper, half of lettuce, chickpeas, onion, remaining lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. Refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
Just before serving, spoon yogurt dressing over top; garnish with feta, olives and pepper. Toss and serve. Yields about 2 cups per serving.
- *To create a thicker dressing, strain the yogurt prior to combining it with the other ingredients. To drain, place unbleached paper coffee filters in the bottom of a strainer and place over a dish or bowl to capture liquid. Pour yogurt on top of filter and cover the strainer. Place in refrigerator and allow liquid to drain until it reaches the desired consistency.