Layered Mediterranean Salad with Creamy Yogurt Cucumber Dressing
- 1 cup(s) Weight Watchers Plain Natural Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) English cucumber(s), peeled, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper(s), cut in strips
- 5 cup(s), shredded romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup(s) chickpeas (15 oz), rinsed, drained
- 1 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), sliced
- 1 cup(s) English cucumber(s), peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 medium olive(s), Kalamata, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Place first seven ingredients in a glass or plastic container; mix well. Cover and refrigerate, at least 30 minutes, until ready to serve.*
Meanwhile, layer salad ingredients in a large glass container in the following order: red pepper, half of lettuce, chickpeas, onion, remaining lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. Refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
Just before serving, spoon yogurt dressing over top; garnish with feta, olives and pepper. Toss and serve. Yields about 2 cups per serving.
- *To create a thicker dressing, strain the yogurt prior to combining it with the other ingredients. To drain, place unbleached paper coffee filters in the bottom of a strainer and place over a dish or bowl to capture liquid. Pour yogurt on top of filter and cover the strainer. Place in refrigerator and allow liquid to drain until it reaches the desired consistency.