Korean steak skewers
Uncooked lean and trimmed beef flank steak
1¼ pound(s), cut diagonally into thin strips
6 medium, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
Apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp, peeled, grated
Asian fish sauce
Garlic chili paste
2 medium clove(s), minced
- Soak 16 (12-inch) bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes (or use metal skewers). Thread steak onto skewers. Place skewers in a large baking dish.
- Combine scallions, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sugar, ginger, fish sauce, chili-garlic paste, and garlic in small bowl; pour over skewers and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 5 hours.
- Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray; preheat broiler (or prepare your grill or grill pan if you prefer). Drain marinade into small saucepan; set over medium-high heat and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook, swirling pan occasionally, until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup, 12–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 8 skewers on broiler rack. Broil 4 inches from heat until beef is browned, 1–2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining 8 skewers. Arrange skewers on platter and drizzle with sauce.
- Serving size: 2 skewers and 1 Tbsp sauce