Key Lime Bars
- 3 Tbsp margarine, softened
- 3 Tbsp fat-free cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 large uncooked egg yolk(s)
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh lime juice, or to taste, from Key limes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- To make the crust, beat margarine, cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and gradually add 3/4 cup of flour. Spread into baking dish using your hands (coat hands with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar to prevent batter from sticking). Bake until crust is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- To make the filling, beat egg and egg substitute in the same bowl used to make crust. Add remaining 1 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour; beat on low speed until blended. Add lime juice; beat on low speed until blended. Pour onto warm crust and bake 15 minutes more.
- Cool on a rack. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and cut into 16 pieces.