SmartPoints® value per serving
This easy cookout dish is perfect for a busy weeknight meal or a more casual weekend cookout. Try to keep the thickness of your patties to an even consistency to avoid uneven cooking. Using a flattop griddle or grill pan will help keep your burgers at their juiciest. If you opt for a charcoal grill, make sure to spread the coals evenly and keep the grill closed during the cooking process to avoid flare ups. In addition to traditional toppings like lettuce and tomato, you can also add a slice of avocado or a spoonful of caramelized onions. If you like, toast the hamburger buns right alongside the burgers.
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
¼ tsp, freshly ground
Reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)
- Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well and shape into 4 patties, about 1-inch-thick each. (To retain juiciness, be careful not to overwork the meat.)
- Place burgers on hot griddle or grill and cook 5 minutes per side for medium (or longer to desired degree of doneness).
- Serve burgers on rolls with your favorite toppings.
- Yields 1 burger per serving.