Jerk Roasted Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potato Wedges by Daphne Oz
7 tsp, divided
Uncooked sweet potato(es)
4 large, halved lengthwise, each half quartered into 4 wedges
8 medium, ends trimmed but left whole
1 Tbsp, divided
Unpacked light brown sugar
½ tsp, sweet variety
Freshly grated nutmeg
¼ tsp, optional
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes and scallions. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine, then turn the mixture out onto the baking sheet, leaving room on one side for the chicken.
- In the same bowl, combine the brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, thyme, cumin, ginger, paprika, garlic powder, nutmeg, cayenne (if using), and remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoon salt. Stir to combine, then add the chicken and toss to coat well.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet next to the veggies and cover the pan with parchment paper. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes until the thickest part of a chicken thigh reads 160°F on an instant-read thermometer and the sweet potatoes are tender (the chicken will continue to cook out of the oven and reach a safe temperature of 165°F).
- Transfer everything to a platter for serving. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and serve.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh, 1 scallion, and half a potato